Divorce & Separation
Our barristers represent parties at all stages of litigation, including preliminary issues, interim applications for Maintenance Pending Suit or Section 37 injunctions and contested final hearings. With a range of experience and expertise, we are able to match our professional clients to the most suitable barrister and we regularly appear in the County Courts, Family Courts, High Court and Court of Appeal.
Our expertise include:
- High profile or ‘big money’ financial relief
- Complex Trusts/business or company structures
- Concealment Dissipation of Assets
- Pension sharing/pension rights
- Offshore companies and trusts
- Private companies and partnerships
- Inherited or pre-acquired wealth
- Enforcement, bankruptcy and liquidation
- Freezing orders
- Pre-nuptial and separation agreements
- Civil Partnerships
- Foreign divorces brought pursuant to the MFPA 1984
- ‘Forum shopping’ and contested international jurisdiction
- Contested divorces - Defended petitions and issues as to jurisdiction
- Forced marriage and stranded spouse cases
- Intervening claims
We are mindful of the costs of litigation both in financial and emotional terms therefore we seek, where appropriate, to avoid lengthy and unnecessary litigation. With this in mind, we accept and encourage instruction at an early stage of litigation.
We work alongside both solicitor and lay clients with a friendly, sympathetic yet robust approach always providing practical and responsive advice.
Chambers has recognised that in recent years the use of dispute resolution has become more common. To meet this need our dispute resolution team can offer mediation which offers a less litigious and speedier route to securing a fair outcome.
Chambers are accredited by the Bar Council as course providers and members of chambers provide in house seminars, training and presentations, whether in house at the client’s premises or here in chambers. For further information regarding our lectures please visit our seminars page
If you need any assistance in any of these areas, please contact our clerking team on 023 80 73 6812 or e-mail email@example.comBarristers practicing in this area Order Templates