Civil Procedure (Amendment No. 3) Rules 2023
These Rules, which come into force for the most part on 1 October 2023 (certain Rules come into force on 14 August 2023 – see Rule 1):
- replace Part 14 (admissions) with a revised Part 14, as part of the ongoing exercise of review of the Civil Procedure Rules and related practice directions with a view to streamlining and simplifying their content;
- amend Part 22 (statements of truth);
- amend Part 23 (general rules about applications for court orders);
- replace Part 24 (summary judgment) with a revised Part 24;
- amend Part 34 (witnesses, depositions and evidence for foreign courts);
- amend Part 52 (appeals);
- amend Parts 3, 7, 13, 14, 26, 71, 72, 73, 83, 84 and 89 in consequence of the establishment of the Civil National Business Centre;
- make a number of amendments (in particular in Parts 19 and 21) to correct errors identified by the Joint Committee on Statutory Instruments;
- make minor amendments in various places to correct minor errors such as typographical errors or incorrect cross-references;
- make amendments consequential upon the above changes.
For the Rules, click here.