Practice Note: The Chancery Guide 2022
- The new Chancery Guide was published on 29 July 2022. This Practice Note accompanies the second update published in June 2023.
- The Chancery Guide is now available online (PDF)with hyperlinks on the Courts and Tribunals Judiciary website. It has been substantially rewritten and revised compared with previous versions of the Chancery Guide and so merits careful reading by judges and practitioners alike.
- The new Chancery Guide seeks so far as possible to bring the practice in the Chancery Division into line with the practice in the other Business and Property Courts. The new Chancery Guide also applies in the District Registries out of London, save where local guidance is necessary.
- Apart from the Practice Notes, Guidance and Directions listed in the Schedule attached to this Practice Note, all other Chancery Division Practice Notes, Guidance and Directions are revoked, on the basis that so far as relevant they are otherwise incorporated in the new Chancery Guide.
- Practice Notes, Guidance and Directions may be issued from time to time by the Chancellor, Supervising Judges, Chief ICC Judge or Chief Master and will take effect from the date they are issued. Nothing in this Practice Note or the Chancery Guide substitutes or overrides the CPR including relevant Practice Directions