Property law is often complex and unclear as it responds to the challenges of modern society. At No.18 we look to balance the rigour needed to understand the law with a healthy dose of pragmatism and common-sense. We recognise that clients want practical answers to their concerns.
Our specialist knowledge of private property law issues enables us to advise you on:
Rights over or about the use of land:
- Access to neighbouring land
- Chancel repairs
- Easements, rights of way, rights of light
- Licences, wayleaves, statutory rights
- Nuisance and trespass
- Restrictive covenants
- Village greens and commons
Disputes about ownership:
- Adverse possession
- Boundary disputes
- Disputes concerning ecclesiastical property
- Joint property claims (constructive trusts, resulting trusts, proprietary estoppel, declarations of trust)
The funding of purchases:
- Claims for specific performance
- disputes involving contracts for the sale and purchase of land
- development and funding of property purchase and land acquisition, including conditional contracts and options
- Mortgages or land charges
Land development and issues relating to planning permission or compulsory purchase
- Planning Inquiries
- Residential Development
- Compulsory Purchase
- Listed Buildings and Conservation
- Implementation and Enforcement
- High Court Appeals
- Judicial Review
Members of the group accept instructions under the Licensed Access Scheme from professional bodies such as the RTPI.
The benefit of our multi team strength means that the Property Group can draw on the expertise of our other established groups such as Family Finance, Company/Commercial, Court of Protection and Public Law to ensure that all aspects of a property dispute are carefully considered.
Chambers are committed to alternative dispute resolution and we also benefit from having qualified, experienced mediators as part of the team.
Chambers are accredited by the Bar Council as course providers and members of chambers provide in house seminars, training and presentations. For further information regarding our lectures please visit our seminars page.
If you need any assistance in any of these areas, please contact our clerking team on 023 80 7386812 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.orgBarristers practicing in this area