Our Barristers are experienced in providing advice and advocacy services for both public and private landlords as well as local authorities, charities, housing associations (and other providers of social housing), tenants, law centres and solicitors.
Our areas of expertise and specialism include:
- Houses in Multiple Occupation
- Allocations and Part VI Housing Act 1996
- Homelessness and Part VII Housing Act
- Housing outside the Housing Act
- Harassment and unlawful eviction
- Claims for possession.
- Claims for Disrepair, Nuisance & Trespass
- Anti-social behaviour (including ASBOs/ASBIs, injunctions, committals, possession claims and closure orders).
- Housing rights affecting those with capacity and mental health issues and physical disability
- Introductory and demoted tenancies
- Judicial Review proceedings relating to housing and social welfare issues
- Prosecuting and Defending criminal proceedings under Housing legislation.
- Service charge disputes
- Issues involving Travellers
- Proceedings under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
Given the often and increasingly cost sensitive nature of the cases in which we are involved, our clerking team has a realistic and flexible approach to charging rates, tailoring them to the individual needs of the case and the client.
We are known as being friendly and approachable, aiming to deliver a quick, efficient and cost-effective service to all our clients. In so doing, accessibility is the key. We regularly provide urgent, preliminary advice to clients over the telephone or by e-mail as the circumstances demand making us excellently placed to provide
Chambers are accredited by the Bar Council as course providers and members of chambers provide in house seminars, training and presentations, whether in house at the clients premises or here in chambers. For further information regarding are lectures please visit our seminars page.
If you need any assistance in any of these areas, please contact our clerking team on 023 80 73 6812 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.orgBarristers practicing in this area