Public Law / Care and Adoption Proceedings
Our Members of Chambers are readily available to deal with short-notice applications for emergency relief and injunctions to protect those concerned.
The group has extensive experience of proceedings involving the following:
- Care & Supervision Orders (from EPOs to interim applications, fact finding and final hearings) Cases concerning serious allegations of abuse (non accidental injury, sexual misconduct, emotional abuse, multiple fractures)
- Contact applications involving children in care
- Emergency applications and injunction relief
- Public Interest Immunity and disclosure
- Secure Accommodation
- Complex medical issues (for example, declarations on the treatment of adults under disability, life support cases, sterilisation, non-therapeutic surgery and the treatment of children)
- Cases involving allegations of sexual abuse, non-accidental, shaken baby cases or chronic abuse
- Vulnerable adults and Protected Parties
- Murder or/alleged or attempted murder by a parent or sibling
- Cases involving issues relating to education
- Adoption and international adoption
- Special Guardianship
- Judicial Review
Chambers makes every effort to ensure consistency of Counsel throughout these most difficult and emotional proceedings. We work closely with our clients and solicitors to obtain the best possible outcome for both child and parent. We are fully committed to representation under legal aid schemes at all levels of seniority.
The team also has a range of domestic and international experience in adoption proceedings under the Adoption and Children Act 2002. Our members are often called upon to advise adopters in the context of the Human Rights Act and with our expertise and knowledge consider this one of our strengths.
Chambers are accredited by the Bar Council as course providers and members of chambers provide in house seminars, training and presentations, whether in house at the client’s premises or here in chambers. For further information regarding our lectures please visit our seminars page
If you need any assistance in any of these areas, please contact our clerking team on 023 80 73 6812 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.orgBarristers practicing in this area Children’s Arbitration & Resolution