Trusts and Trustees
Members have considerable expertise in drafting and advising on all aspects of the law of trust and trust related issues. We often provide advice in relation to the ongoing administration and variation of trusts, and on issues arising in the context of wills, probate and the administration of estates.
In addition, our family finance team have substantial expertise in dealing with trusts, from the relatively straight forward cases through to those more complex arrangements.
Our barristers appear regularly in the High Court, the Western Circuit and further afield.
We advise on:
- The drafting, construction and interpretation of trusts
- Variation of trusts
- Rectification & enforcement
- The nature and extent of beneficial interests
- Challenging the validity of trusts
- Issues arising during the administration of trusts
- Appointment and removal of trustees
- Deeds of appointment (both of assets and trustees)
- Winding up trusts
- Allegations of breach of trust
- Investment by trustees
- Tracing against trustees and third parties
- Trustees' powers, obligations and limits
- Applications for directions and guidance from the court
- Expressed, imposed, constructive and remedial trusts
- Jurisdictional issues
- Charitable trusts
Chambers are accredited by the Bar Council as course providers and Members of chambers provide in house seminars, training and presentations. For further information regarding our lectures please visit our seminars page.
If you need any assistance in any of these areas, please contact our clerking team on 023 80 7386812 or e-mail email@example.comBarristers practicing in this area